RULES OF ENTRY
2023 Celebration of Service to America Awards
Entries accepted January 11 – March 13, 2023
Please read the following procedures and rules carefully in order to respond as requested.
Judges will deduct points from entries that do not comply with these rules.
- Entries must be completed and submitted on or before March 13, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PST. Entry materials submitted will become the property of NAB Leadership Foundation.
- ALL entries must be submitted through myNAB.org. If you don’t have an account yet or are not a member, you can create one for free.
- For login issues or questions, please contact the NAB Leadership Foundation at email@example.com or call (202) 429-5415.
- You do not have to be a NAB member station to apply. All stations in every market size and broadcast ownership groups are encouraged to apply.
- Answer all questions in the application form. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- The eligibility period for all categories is January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2022. Preexisting programs or campaigns may be entered, but judges will only consider the first aired material during the eligibility period.
- Programs, PSAs and campaigns must be produced at U.S. television or radio stations. Entries from production houses, independent producers and networks are not eligible.
- Broadcast station groups may only submit entries in the Service to Community Award category related to your DMA market size. Stations and ownership groups can submit multiple entries for one category. Judges will review each application as a unique campaign.
- Stations are not eligible to receive a Service to America Award in the same category for two consecutive years. Please do not enter any category for which your station received recognition for the 2022 Celebration of Service to America Awards.
- All entries must include a public URL to your video (television) or audio (radio) that supports the written portion of the entry. Video and audio submissions must be between two and five minutes. If your audio or video is not in English, please provide a transcript with an English translation.
Audio and video submissions may include but are not limited to relevant news or program segments, PSAs and off-air activities. Please note that finalist stations will be required to submit broadcast-quality video or high-resolution photography to the NAB Leadership Foundation to support the categorical segments during the produced Celebration of Service to America Awards.
- All 2023 Community Service winners for each category (television or radio) will receive:
- Special industry recognition at NAB Show in April 2023.
- One night accommodations with two event tickets for a station representative to attend the Celebration of Service to America Awards gala event in Washington, D.C., on June 6, 2023**. Travel and logistics to be coordinated in conjunction with the NAB Leadership Foundation after finalists are named in April.
- Award acceptance and photo opportunities at the event and throughout/after promotion period.
- Press exposure to the entire industry at the event and within your community when the awards event is broadcast across the country. Dates TBA.
- Social media coverage across the NAB and NAB Leadership Foundation’s platforms.
- Red carpet entrance at the gala event in June 2023.
- Access to VIP photo opportunity at gala event in June 2023.
- Personalized Service to America award to display at your station and share with your community.
- The entry fee is $200 for each entry/campaign. You must complete your payment for judges to consider your application. (Note: This fee is not tax deductible as a charitable contribution.)
- Submit the program waiver and release forms as indicated.
If your station is selected as a 2023 Celebration of Service to America Awards finalist, a representative from your station is requested to attend the Celebration of Service to America Gala in Washington, D.C., on June 6, 2023, where winners will be announced live.